Friday, April 24, 2015

Portland Conference Trip - day 2

I don't have much to blog about today. I had planned to go to the Portland Japanese Garden and Pittock Mansion, but the weather did not co-operate.  So I went shopping instead.  I don't have much room in my luggage for new stuff, so I have to limit my purchases to stuff I really love. I found a couple of things, but I've been disappointed in the shoe department.  I hate shoe shopping, so I guess it's not too surprising that I didn't find anything.  I did find a couple of shirts.

I want to try not to eat at places I could find in Calgary, so I tried Chipotle Mexican Grill for lunch.  It's a little like Calgary's Costa Vida, but what I had wasn't quite as yummy.  Still a good lunch, though.  We decided to eat in for supper so that we could watch the Canucks game.  We walked down the street from our hotel and picked up burgers, fries and shakes from Burgerville.  The burger was good, but the rosemary fries and fresh strawberry shake were amazing!  I may have to have them for lunch again tomorrow.

The forecast is more rain for tomorrow, so I will likely stay in and work for most of the morning.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!