Saturday, August 7, 2010

Look Mommy, Mato!

No, Bryn isn't talking so clearly yet.  It's my niece, Gwen.  I've been watching her for my sister Lisa a couple of days a week while she figures out a more permanent child care solution.  Last Thursday we were waiting for Lisa to arrive at the end of the day, playing in the front yard, when I noticed that Bryn had a couple of crab apples in her hands (we have a tree in the back yard).  I didn't really think much of it - she loves to pick up the fallen apples.  By the time Lisa got here, Gwen had one of the apples.  She went up to her Mommy and said (something like), 'Look Mommy, Mato!'  Lisa said, 'Oh, have you got an apple?' (again, I'm paraphrasing).  And Gwen responded 'No, Mommy, Mato!'  We took a closer look and sure enough, it was a little green tomato.  My Bryn had thieved two tomatoes from my plant in the front garden!  I'll have to watch her more closely if I want to have a harvest this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!