Friday, July 30, 2010

Cake Decorating Class #4 - Final

My last 'Decorating Basics' class was yesterday.  It was a pretty intense class, including learning the Ribbon Rose (here's a picture of the best one I managed), as well as learning to do writing, and decorating our final class project cakes.





I had prepped a bunch of drop flowers ahead of time, letting them dry for 24 hours to get them hard enough to move to the cake.







I hadn't planned to write anything on the cake - I was sending it to work with Arvid, so I didn't really want to write 'Happy Birthday'.  So when I was making th icing, I just coloured the stuff I was going to use for icing any green, just for practicing.  Then I decided I should write 'Happy Friday', but I felt really rushed to finish my cake in class (I spent a rediculous amount of time on the roses), so I didn't take the time to prep a better colour for writing.  I wish I had - I think the green of the writing is just too bright.  Oh well, I'll know for next time.




I think, on the whole, it turned out really nicely.  I sent it to work with Arvid, and he said it was a hit (but what free and unexpected cake isn't).  Here are a few more pictures.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!