Sunday, July 25, 2010

Cake Decorating Class - #3



 
This week's cake decorating class was cupcakes - and I had so much fun with them. We filled our cupcakes (I used puréed cherry pie filling), then decorated them.





 We also learned drop flowers and leaves, which I had tried on my own before, but couldn't figure out.  It turns out they're really easy and I just needed to know a few tricks.  I like them a lot, so I'm going to use them on my final cake next week.


My favourite cupcake happened by mistake (so many good things started out that way!).  I was running out of white icing and had a couple of cupcakes left to do, so I added the extra pink icing I had to the bag and just kept piping.  I ended up with the pink and white swirl you see to the left.  I like it so much, I think I'll do it on purpose next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!