Friday, July 16, 2010

Cake Decorating Class - #2

I'm taking a Wilton cake decorating class! It's something I've wanted to do for a long time, but it just didn't happen until now.

I'm really enjoying it.  Yesterday we made our first cakes (the first week was cookies).  I was surprised at how easily the techniques came to me - I thought I'd have trouble with anything but stars.  It's amazing what I difference using the right icing consistency can make!


Here is a picture of the finished product.

It's the first time I've torted a cake (cut it in half and filled it with something).  I'm really happy that I bought the cake leveler, which made the torting cut very easy.

I'm excited for next week - we're filling cupcakes and learning drop flowers - yay!


PS: I realize there's no Cake Decorating Class #1 post, but I forgot to take pictures last week, so it would have been a pretty boring post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!