Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ugly Yellow Cake

This cake was NOT pretty.



It was tasty, which is far more important than pretty in my opinion.  After all, this is food we're talking about, and dessert, even.  This is why I don't generally use shortening in my icings. Butter tastes way better! 

This cake was supposed to be pretty and tasty, but it just wasn't.

I think I was going for a white chocolate ganache.  Which is kind of a yellowy colour, since white chocolate isn't actually white.  And I didn't wait for the ganache to cool enough before I poured it over the buttercream base.  So it slouched.  Then, I tried to 'fix' it by adding drizzled semi-sweet chocolate on top.  But I think I let it cool too much, so I ended up with a globby mess. 

Not pretty.  Not pretty at all.  But, definitely tasty!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to hear from you!